Wednesday 2 November 2011

Small sized hobby of mine

I've had a dream about a small dolls house in my mind about 2 years now. I've searched the net and found amazingly realistic dolls houses and decided I would want to try my skills to do that too. I did built a big, three and half storey, plywooden dolls house (on my own design) about 6 years ago, but realised that I don't have the consentration needed for doing something like 100 windows that are the same! I want to do one or two things and then change to something else. So I was really happy when I found this from flea market last month:

It's made to contain herbs and pepper and salt, but I saw the potential! This will be the base for my Dickens-spirited house. It will be on poor condition and positioned on some narrow alley of dubious reputation. Maybe in London? Haven't figured out yet what the house will be called or on what "street" it would be in? Any ideas?

The interiors are starting to form.
The first floor will have a fireplace and clazed doors and I'm trying to figure how I could make the door open and look like there really is a street or courtyard behind it. The best dolls houses I've seen have an illusion of continuity. Some cunning tricks are needed!

The 2.nd floor is darker and already has a door, but not much else. I'm seeing an absent-minded biologist having a work space in this room... Will see about that.
The last floos is the attic. I'm pleased on how this window turned out. It looks realistic when light comes from behind it. Hard to get that photographed! The attic has a funny wall paper that I found from the net and then printed out. It has bats on it...I'm so funny! I have bats in the attic!

No comments: