Sunday 15 July 2012

Butterfly and honeycomb-patchwork

Lately I've been on an astonishingly romantic mood, when making miniatures. I don't have a romantic gottage yet, so I had to modify my Dicken's inspirated dark upstears (temporarily) room to get a background for my sugary-sweet-romantic things! I've made everything, but the beautifully crocheted rug and doily. They are the handworks of  talented Tiina. From her blog I got the idea to start sewing that honeycomb-patchwork. It was a good size handwork to carry around when travelling! PS: The miniature butterfly on the wall has "horns" made of thread.

Btw. I DID read the "The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club" by Dicken's to get the inspiration to make this room ready as I planned before, but I just kept dreaming of pale pink and butterflies. Maybe I have to wait to the end of the autumn to get the right gloomy feeling ;)? Also I connect Dickens with Christmas in my head, so maybe there will be an endless Christmas in this room? I have to admit, that when I got this idea, I almost bought a nail jewelry kit to make some Christmas tree bulbs! Shop-a-holic!

No comments: