Wednesday 2 June 2010

Complementary colours

This is one of my favourite pictures and now I know why. I saw an art programme and there was an artist who told about Van Gogh's and his friend Gauguin's colour schemes. It was actually their "invention and science". I really luv these colour combinations! For example our kitchen is turquoise and bright red (and white - I have to admit).
This is the painting that takes me back to 2004 when me and my friend were Interrailing and visited The Vincent Van Gogh museum at Amsterdam. I soooo wanted to buy a replica of it, but the painting could not travel easy in or on my back pack.
The colours and the quirky way of making the perspective makes this a nice one too.
Gauguin loved the complementary colours so much he wanted there to be many of them side by side.
That is why I like Gauguin and Van Gogh.

No comments: