Monday 24 May 2010

Painted Sofa

The sofa-project is ready
Sofa isn't the original design I was thinking (look at the older post). And lucky it wasn't, because this easy-lookin pattern was suprisingly hard to do! I painted it twice with acrylic paint and then I made the mattress from old textiles I wasn't going to use anymore (like felted wool gardigan, old towels, a stained and really old bedspread...) I'm always really happy when something garbage-like thing can be re-used!! The striped fabric was just waiting in my fabric stash (it is wast)... And the pillows I found really cheaply from work, when we had closing-down sale of Esprit Home. The dog tried to eat the buttons that I made for the mattress :) Before the hall was so lame

And after!

I'm thinking of doing a picture collage over the sofa. I'm thinking ancestral dogs. I'm thinking fake (I'm so cheap) gold frames! You'll see